Contact & Chairperson: Doug Pitt
Contact: Doug Pitt 613 476 6131
Please refer to “Rules for Exhibiting” at the front of this book
Entries must be ready to hang
NOTE: Youth class is age 17 years and under. If entering as a youth, please add “J” to the section.
Prize Money for all classes: 1st – $8.00 2nd – $5.00 3rd – $3.00
NOTE: Anyone receiving an “HONORABLE MENTION SPECIAL” – this is the equivalent of a regular 2nd prize in the amount of $5.00 and paid by Picton Fair
This section is subdivided according to medium as follows:
Oils – Section AO
Watercolour – Section AW
Acrylic – Section AA
Youth: Oils – Section AOJ
Watercolour – Section AWJ
Acrylic – Section AAJ:
1. Still Life
8. County Landmark
Drawings: Sections AD/ADJ
31. Pen & Ink
35. Pen & Ink – plus another medium
Prints: Sections AP/APJ
41. Block prints
Sculpture: Sections AS/ASJ
51. Any Sculptured Items
Specials for all Art Classes: $100. Cash award from Lehigh Hanson Cement for
best picture, other than those entered in “Artist of the Year” contest.
Special: Class 51 – $100. Cash award from Lehigh Hanson Cement for the best
Lehigh Hanson – Heidelberg Cement Group Celebrates
53rd Annual Artist of the Year Award
1. Each entry must be an original and should be of any identified scene or place or special feature in Prince Edward County.
2. Competition is open to Prince Edward County residents only.
3. Each contestant may make as many entries as desired. An entry fee of $6.00 is required. Please refer to “Rules for Exhibiting” at the front of this book.
4. After judging, entries must be submitted to the Fair for display September 8, 9 and 10, 2017. Note: Entries are not to be removed before 5:00 p.m. September 10, 2017.
5. Selection by the judge will be final and will be based on the opinion of which painting will best suit the purpose of the sponsor.
6. Paintings should be completed within the past 12 months. All entrants must be by the artist, you cannot submit work that is not your own.
7. Each contestant agrees to make available for sale to Lehigh Hanson – Heidelberg Cement Group, any of his/her entries, together with all rights of reproduction, if the Company so desires, for a price of $500.00
8. $100 cash award for the 1st runner-up for the Artist of the Year Award
9. $100 cash award for the best picture from all media other than those entered in the Artistof the Year Contest
10. $100 cash award for the best sculpture entry.