2017 BEEF CATTLE SHOW
Saturday September 9, 2017 – Judging at 12:30pm
Beef Cattle Show
Chairperson: Brandon Hiddink (613)-961-9174
Committee: Winkie Barnes, Barry Baldwin, Tina Hiddink
Each exhibitor is allowed 2 wrist bands. Contact fair office at 613-476-6154
This class is subdivided* by breed as follows:
BH – Hereford BM – Maine Anjou BC – Charolais (Point Show – OCA rules apply) BO – Other Breeds
* minimum of 3 Exhibitors and 20 Head of cattle required to have Breed Show
1st – $50; 2nd – $40: 3rd – $30; 4th – $25; $5th – $22; 6th – 18; 7th – $15; 8th – $12;
9th – $10; 10th – $8
1 Bull calf born 2017
2 Bull born April 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
3 Bull born January 1, 2016 – March 31, 2016
4 Bull born 2014 or earlier
5 Championship Bull – Rosette
Note: Charolais Class banner sponsored by Melbar Farms
6. Reserve Bull – Rosette
Note: Charolais Class banner sponsored by Fourth Lane Farms
7 Female – Heifer calf born 2017
8 Female – Heifer born April 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
9 Female – Heifer born January 1, 2016 – March 31, 2016
10 Female (born January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015) with her own tattooed calf at foot or showing evidence of
being in calf.
11 Female (born prior to January 1, 2015) with her own tattooed calf at foot.
12 Champion Female – Rosette
Note: Charolais Class banner sponsored by Fourthlane Farms
13 Reserve Champion – Rosette Note: Charolais Class banner sponsored by Melbar Farms
14 Breeders Herd – group of 4 animals bred by the Exhibitor with both sexes represented. Must be
exhibited in previous classes. Exhibitor to own one animal. One entry per exhibitor.
15 Get of Sire – 3 head with both sexes represented.
1. Best beef heifer calf born in 2017. One entry per exhibitor.
1st – $30; 2nd – $25; 3rd – $20
Sponsor: Prince Edward Agricultural Society.
2. Supreme Grand Champion Bull.
1st – $150; 2nd $100
Sponsor: Prince Edward Cattlemen’s Association.
3. Supreme Grand Champion Female
1st – $150, 2nd – $100
Sponsor: Prince Edward Cattlemen’s Association
4. Supreme Breeders Herd.
Banner sponsored by Dow John Baitley Seeds
1st – $60, 2nd -$40
Beef Cattle Show
Rules & Regulations:
- The Prince Edward Agricultural Society Annual Membership fee of ($5.00) will be deducted from the exhibitor’s prize money.
- Also refer to the “Rules for Exhibiting” at the front of the fair prize book.
- Each exhibitor will be provided with 2 wristbands allowing free entry into the fairgrounds.
- NO entry fee will be deducted for beef classes.
- Cattle must be on the grounds by 10:00am Saturday and stay until 5:00pm (early release by the Director’s permission only).
- All cattle entries must bear the “CCIA RFID” tag.
- Straw and feed to be provided by exhibitor.
- Registered animals entered for competition must be the bona fide property of a breeding unit. A Breeding Unit is defined as follows: Whether owned by one person or more than one person (individually or jointly) which are maintained on one farm or breeding unit, are considered to be the production of one farm or breeding unit. In all cases where there is any doubt that more than one breeding unit exists, the interpretation shall be that only one breeding unit exists. The responsibility of proof of separation of breeding units shall rest with the exhibitor(s).
- All cattle must be registered as determined by the by-law of an association authorized to register animals of that breed. The certificate of registration must state that the animal is Purebred or at least 75% of purebred inheritance. Must produce registration papers upon request.
- Each exhibitor is allowed a maximum of 10 entries excluding the Breeder’s Herd.
- Each exhibitor may show a maximum of 2 entries per section.
- Classes are subject to change upon number of entries.
- Calves shown on mature females can register for calf classes.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for his/her liability insurance. All applicable information is to be reported on the exhibitor form, and may be required to show proof.
- Entries must be sent to the Secretary-Treasurer, Prince Edward Agricultural Society, Box 6224, Picton, Ontario K0K 2T0 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 1-613-743-5774 if you require further information.
Please print and complete the form below