Drawing Matches for Teams
Horse Draw will start at 7:00 p.m. in front of the Grandstand Saturday, September 10, 2016
Prize Money, both divisions
1st – $160 2nd – $140
3rd – $120 4th – $100
5th – $80
$60 for hitching – must complete one draw
Trophies – to be announced on Fair Day
Lightweight division – Team with combined weight of 3400 lbs. or less
Heavyweight division – Team with combined weight of 3400 lbs. or over
Girths to be measured by a committee official prior to the event
- A qualifying drive must be a minimum of 15 feet. Knocking down a course marker is a fault disqualifying the draw.
- Each team will be allowed 2 drawing attempts with a time maximum of three minutes between draws.
- One driver and two helpers per team will be permitted. However, any interference by helps will constitute a fault, disqualifying the draw.
- The same driver (and helpers) may handle more than one team.
- Slashing with reins or whipping is not allowed.
- In event of breakage during a drawing attempt, a new draw will be required. Officials will rule on the time the next draw is to be made.
- Officials and contestants only allowed in the course area during the draw.
- Any competitor interfering with Judge or Directors will be disqualified. The decision of the Judge is final.
- An official veterinarian will rule on the eligibility to participate as far as the health of animals is concerned.
- In case of runaway, where a teamster loses the reins, the team will be disqualified regardless of time during the match.