Horse Draw will start at 7:00 p.m. in front of the Grandstand Saturday, September 9, 2017
Prize Money, both divisions
1st – $160
2nd – $14
3rd – $120
4th – $100
5th – $80
$60 for hitching – must complete one draw
Trophies – to be announced on Fair Day
Lightweight division – team with combined weight of 3400 lbs. or less
Heavyweight division – team with combined weight of 3400 lbs. or over
Girths to be measured by a committee official prior to the event
1. A qualifying drive must be a minimum of 15 feet.
Knocking down a course marker is a fault disqualifying the draw.
2. Each team will be allowed 2 drawing attempts with a time maximum of three minutes between draws.
3. One driver and two helpers per team will be permitted. However, any interference by helps will
constitute a fault, disqualifying the draw.
4. The same driver (and helpers) may handle more than one team.
5. Slashing with reins or whipping is not allowed.
6. In event of breakage during a drawing attempt, a new draw will be required.
Officials will rule on the time the next draw is to be made.
7. Officials and contestants only allowed in the course area during the draw.
8. Any competitor interfering with Judge or Directors will be disqualified. The decision of the Judge is final.
9. An official veterinarian will rule on the eligibility to participate as far as the health of animals is concerned.
10. In case of runaway, where a teamster loses the reins, the team will be disqualified regardless of time during